Date(s) - 07 Jan, 2023
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Montecito of Santa Fe
Categories No Categories
Meeting In Person At Montecito Santa Fe
with LAURA HENDRIE
This educational series is for family members and staff who wish to help their loved one (and themselves) living with dementia remain safe, healthy, and engaged. Presented by Certified Independent Positive Approach to Care® Consultant and Educator Laura Hendrie.
WHEN: WHERE: HOW: COST:
5 Saturdays, starting August 13, at 10:30 am- 12:00 pm. (MT) The Montecito Santa Fe conference room
Contact Laura Hendrie at 719-221-5804
$50 for five 90-minute class sessions and a 100% commitment to Attend All Classes with an Open Heart.
WHAT WE DO IN A PAC® DEMENTIA CARE CLASS
Each week we watch TEEPA SNOW (PAC®) videos on dementia and offer essential awareness and knowledge while teaching understanding and communication skills. As a group, we’ll share facts and questions, discuss challenges, offer support, practice DEMENTIA-SPECIFIC care skills, and brainstorm creative coping strategies for every stage of dementia.
▪ Self-Care Before Caring for Others
▪ Taking stock of your strengths
▪ How to comfort someone after their diagnosis
▪ The five senses in dementia
▪ How to communicate when words fail– The Hand-Under-HandTM technique ▪ The importance of team building
▪ Improving the environment and time use
▪ When the person needs more help than you can provide
▪ Why the relationship is everything
For Further Information, References and to Reserve Your Seat: